This is one of the easiest, most deliciously moist chocolate cakes I have ever made and is ready for serving in under an hour.
Sigh, what more could you ask for?
This is one of the easiest most deliciously moist chocolate cakes I have ever made. It is so simple for the last minute desert fixes and can be enjoyed with custard or ice cream.
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer.
- Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin.
- Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.