The name of this dish really does not do it justice!
This is comfort food right from the heavens above!
Yields 4 servings
This recipe is a family favourite and has been adapted from the most delicious pasta dishes I have ever enjoyed at a local restaurant.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 250 ml cream
- 250 ml milk
- 50g flour
- Knob of butter
- Handful of mushrooms
- 2 sliced green peppers
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 chicken breast cut into strips or cubes
- 1 and 1/2 cups mozarella cheese
- 2 cups gouda cheese
- 1/2 packet fetuccini pasta
- Begin by preparing the pasta as per package instructions. Once done set aside and stir in 1 tablespoon of butter.
- For the sauce, add a knob of butter and fry the onions and peppers until soft.
- Add mushrooms and immediately add flour to create a rue.
- Add milk slowly loosening the rue and forming a sauce- stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add the cream and stir in. Add salt and pepper and let simmer slowly over low heat.
- For the chicken, add butter and strips to a frying pan and season with salt, pepper, paprika,cumin, mixed herbs. Toss chicken until lightly browned and add a dash of milk.
- To plate, add a handful of pasta, a dash of mozarella, another handful of pasta, lay the chicken strips and smother with sauce. Sprinkle gouda cheese over and let melt.